Tuesday, November 20, 2007

It's the most (premature) time of the year....


I've been meaning to write this for a while...but things have been a bit hectic. Between the vomiting/diarrhea virus, the high fever/ sore throat virus, the cough-your-lungs-out virus, some strep throat, the "its-a-couple-weeks-after-my-kids-parent-teacher-conferences-and-i'm-freakin'-out" visits, and trying to clean at home to please the new roommate (not to mention trying to get ready for mom's visit next month!!)...let's just say it's been busy. So the other is the busy-i-ness in the store, all the prep and changes going on there...here' s a taste of what kind of conversation went on between me and Anji 3 weeks ago.
her: so--since halloween is done let's start getting out the christmas decor and going to town!!
me: WHAT???
her: yeah, I really want to make this place look good this year for the holidays!
me: uhm...isn't it a bit, say, early?
her:oh no, we're actually a bit behind as far as retail is concerned. we gotta get a move on.
me: no no no no. I can't. I hate even looking at christmas stuff in the stores even before turkey day. it gives me a physical reaction.
her: well get over it. let's start.
me: no--seriously. It'll give me hives. I'll vomit.
(Anji rolls her eyes at me, as she often does). I start to whimper, taking the defensive position on the floor.
me: please, don't make me prematurely decorate. I'll decompose. it's against my very nature, my being--i even think its against my religion. can't we just be the only store that doesn't follow such shallow tactic? won't people acknowledge our superiority for not being corporate sheep and shop her in support of our ideology?
(Anji is now entering her mad phase--a totally scary thing to experience, from one who has been there.)
me: ok ok--i guess i can change my beliefs for once. just don't make me...
her: get the tree.
me: AUGHHHHHHH!!!!!

(not embellishments, what so ever were used to make this blog--i swear. I never, ever ever stretch the truth, just like Anji is never ever ever sarcastic. and we both just love love love the holidays to death--yes esp when you are in retail. its is so much fun, yippie ki yi yo it is fun fun fun no please don't stop everyone is so great i wish it could be like this all year wow it isgreathowcouldieverlivewithoutthisitmuchmorefunthangivingfiveyearoldsshots...)

if you read this blog, please come rescue me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maimy...call me...I missin' you!

Walla Walla

Anonymous said...

DO NOT EVER GIVE IN TO ANGIE AND NEVER PUT UP XMAS DECORATIONS B4 THANKSGIVING - EVER!!!!!!