Tuesday, May 27, 2008

This is it...

A fitting title, I thought, as my last weekend involved "endings" of sorts (my beloved nephew's graduation from high school--the end of childhood, in a way) and the drawing near of training and the actual race/ marathon this upcoming weekend...it's amazing to think that 4 months have flown by that fast...what a journey it has been...I thank you all for your support, physically, emotionally, financially, as I have taken on this endeavour...I met with Darian's father today who was stunned that it was coming up so fast as well...he too, overwhelmed at the generosity of people who knew nothing about his child/ a disease but are willing to give...I can't wait to cross that finish line and say "hey buddy--I did something for you. Rest in peace". His final memorial will be the day before (bummer that I'll miss it) but I know that it's ok since I'm doing a great good for him, for others like him...
My nephew is such a great guy--so generous, caring--the kind of person no body has a beef with. He has the same soul he has when he was a caring, loving 2 year old--and I hope he never changes. It's amazing to see him grown up, with a lovely, sweet girlfriend, diploma, waiting to see what life will offer him--and I hope it's all that he deserves. For all the Darians in the world...

No comments: