Thursday, May 15, 2008

Don't forget to breathe...

So, while I have a moment, thought I'd try to get a quick blog out...especially since it's almost been a month since the last (yikes!) Things have been (more than) hectic since the big move of The Creating Place from Seward Street to S. Franklin--true, it's only about 4 blocks, but man--what a difference those blocks make!! It was crazy packing up all the stuff in the store, painting (and repainting), organizing the new spot, de-fleecing it (ever seen fleece dust bunnies? man--they can be mean, I tell ya!!) trying to get more floorboards to match old ones and lay those down, redusting and then, finally, moving the stuff in/ reorganizing the new spot, adding the new product--all in less than two weeks (so we could open pre-tourist, pre National Scrapbook day and in time for when our only employee came back after her vaca--just me, Anji and her husband---not to mention holding down the fulltime job, hospital work, getting in miles of running on the side, etc--yeah. Yes--I have become schizophrenic--for a good reason!!)
But it was all worth it--the store is awesome, more comfy, relaxing, spacious....and a ton more people coming thru!! (the only down is the south franklin nightlife late on fri or saturday--slightly uhmm-colorful--but oh well, can't be perfect.
Getting close to marathon time--getting excited and nervous at the same time--glad to get some time to run outside lately. (I have grown REAL tired of the treadmill.)
Next week I get to go to nephew Daine's graduation--keep thinking how he was my first baby to pull out--can't believe he's grown THAT fast/ that old...wahhh!! my baby is old and grown, with a girlfriend..and then there's Alyse who's turned one ALREADY--holy cow--that went fast, eh?? already taking steps by herself, such a big girl already--wish they were closer..
ok--breathing breathing breathing let me know what's up with you over the summer--i'll be here working the both jobs, running still (staying in shape for klondike, douglas 1/2 marathon in august and possible susan butcher relay in anchorage in fall...)
lots of love--amy

1 comment:

lottie said...

Hey Amy!
I love keeping up with you through your blog. I wish I could come to your store, I've taken up scrapbooking and it'd be great to patronize your store. Good luck with the marathons--maybe someday we'll all be in Colorado at the same time.
xoxo, Lottie