Monday, December 17, 2007

WHAT THE...?????

What the heck happened to this month?? Talk about time flying by...I swear I just blogged on the preparation for gallery walk a few days ago and now BAM! it's a couple weeks later, almost Christmas....I still have LOTS to do to get ready for my mom's visit; getting ready to start daily exercise routines for pre-marathon training; getting all those packages out for godchild/ nieces to get before the holidays, etc. Talk about feeling even more scattered than I already are...or am (you know what I mean). I did buy a tree this year (such a beautiful tree/ so yummy smelling and full)--my roommate and I had fun decorating it (even tho' Anji's kids told me what a bad person I am for buying a REAL tree--getting guilt trips from 5 and 8 year olds can be killer!!) and that helps make it feel more festive in the house. It'll be weird not to be at home this year--only the SECOND TIME EVER to not be in Colorado or with the majority of my family at the holidays...It sucks not having the lil' ones around on the big day (that's my favorite part--seeing them all psyched up)--that and the holiday traditions (like Christmas morning brunch for the neighbors, Christmas eve and the happy birthday Jesus/grandma and mom cake--maybe I'll still try to do that one while mom is here to keep somethings in line...and beg mom to do bread and holiday eggs on Christmas morning. sorry you guys won't get to have that...we'll think of you as we chow down!!
oh--speaking of giving (and hearkening back to the marathon mention)--check out my link to my run/ please consider giving so people with leukemia/lymphoma have hope and I can reach my goal way before the run/ deadline...I appreciate it all!!:)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amy love...I really miss you....I wish that you could join us for Xmas morn...you need to keep Lola in line! Please keep blogging...it is the only human connection I have to you right now...I misssss you sooooooooooo much. Call if you get a chance. I am now working nights but I don't care what time you call.

Huggin you!!!!