Thursday, December 6, 2007

Gallery hell



well, this week has consisted of the pukey/fever virus going around (caught by yours truely on wednesday...I like being able to sympatize with my patients, dont'cha know!!), several colds and..the massive preparations for Juneau's annual Gallery walk. This is a night where all the galleries are open/ showing their "goods" and encouraging all good alaskans to spend spend spend! The Creating Place is, of course, gonna join in and offer two of our friends wares (both do glass work--should be beautiful displays!! However, I must say from a photographers stand point, getting pictures of glass SUCKS!! The only decent picture gotten is the one included, the work done by our friend Heidi Johnson, who has a art space in our backroom...for a bit longer, that is. I love her stuff...also see the video filmed there by local paper, the empire.) Anji made me in charge of everything--the food, drinks, cleaning the store/ space--its been a bucket of mayhem. Hopefully the night will go well, tho'--last year was a dismal crowd (our gallery sure has changed in the year, I must say) but we looked stunnning and served awesome food..in fact, I have to go to make the dessert sushi for the event. Off one project to the next...

No comments: