Thursday, July 10, 2008

Holding patterns...

ok--we all in Juneau here are tired of asking each other--when??
when is it gonna be summer/ warm, sunshine?
when is someone gonna make the decision about whether or not to build a road outta here?
when are they gonna provide fluoride varnishes to the school kids?
when is the next big epidemic of illness coming of the cruise ships gonna hit the town?
or the lastest (based on a newpaper article...)
when will alaska air cut its flights in/out or jack up their already-astronomical-prices?

it mirror my life and thinking currently...
when am I gonna have enough money to get around to adoption?
when is my mom gonna move here/ help me start my new phase of life?
when is the constant seemingly non-ending list of things to do around the house gonna end?
(i know that one is never; the other question is when will i have enuf $$ to do it all!!)
when is the store gonna make enuf money to be profitable? or not be in another holding
pattern?
when will i stop asking when?

you'd think after 40 years of constant flux, i'd be use to it and take it for granted, but lately it makes me edgy...wanting more...
maybe it's the "older" me that wants settlement....i think, however, it's the kid part of me who craves stability, no change (kids always seem to do better when things are constant for them...so maybe i don't need to grow up--i need to face and embrace the changes....

sigh. when will that happen?

No comments: