Thursday, March 27, 2008

Out of Africa

Greetings to all...I tried to delay this a couple of days after returning so that I could up load some pics, wow you with some portraits of the warmer continent, but alias, I can not find the cable to connect my new camera to the computer to upload pics (and the home computer/ Internet isn't working--alas, it's always something...wait--a cable you say? sounds like a new camera? why yes--that was the beginning of the trip--nimrod that I am--left my right arm (as I refer to my favorite implement, my camera, that is, as) on the plane--never done that before. Hopefully never will do again. So the two days visiting sister Jo, broinlaw Tim and baby Alyse (who is SO cute, fun, happy, and--amazingly LEFT HANDED!!) had to run to best buy and get a minimal substitute...which worked ok. Sigh. So--do have some cool, awe inspiring prints, some amazing stories, some moments that have changed me forever--it was truly the trip of a lifetime and I am sooooo thankful that I was part of the group that went/ really appreciated who I was with and Who I was working for/ with...met neat people, saw and treated things I've never seen (or treated ) before--some without interpreters!! so, soon you all will probably get more details, info, pics from me...just wanted to let you know that I made the (long) trip home in one piece, loved (almost) every minute of it, appreciated your support, thoughts, prayers, help and really got to think alot of who I am/ who we are, appreciate where we come from...etc. I really really appreciate having such a great base of family, friends like you all around me and am thankful everyday that I am living the life I am....I should be giving more praise on a daily basis to God and you all, so forgive me for not doing it sooner. You all rock. Thanks.

No comments: